Monday, December 22, 2008





















So this is Christmas..........it begins with Bing Crosby's music and flavored java along with boxes of Christmas ornaments to hang on the Christmas tree. Not to mention, all the Christmas baking.......Ali's favorite chocolate squares (hello dolly) and carmel popcorn and cookies, cookies, cookies. This year after Grandma Hill past away; Auntie Grace had given me some of her things; measuring spoons being one thing. I wasn't sure what I would do with them and then came this idea..... use them as an Christmas ornament. I have to admitt, seeing these old spoons brings alot of memories to mind........Grandma's chocolate chip cookies, buns, squares, and raisin pie. I 'm sure you all have similar memories of seeing Grandma holding these spoons in her hands and using them to measure ingredients. She spent alot of time in the kitchen using these old measuring spoons......I wish I was half the cook and baker that she was!!










We sure have had some COLD COLD weather eh?? Our vehicle's are plugged in and we let them run for about 15mins before we go anywhere. Bryce and Josh still don't dress warm enough for this kind of weather but I suppose they will learn! Now that they are on "holidays" they have been staying close to home unless they absolutely need to go anywhere. Bryce and Ali will be working during the holidays...... they both want the money so it's a good thing.......unless of course the temp. is -35. Ali said she hates having to get carts in this cold weather and hates how some people drive fast in the parking lot. Bryce just hates working period!!!




Today, Ali and I went over to Grandma and Granpa'a to decorate their apartment......Mom couldn't find her favorite tablecloth and I know i heard her say; dang-it. I brought Dad some wine.......he wasn't feeling good before I came but I am sure he was feeling better after I left (wink wink). Poor Dad...... I really feel for him when he is weak as it kinda takes the "life" out of him!! Ali and I tried to cheer him up and I think after we hung the last "stocking" on the kitchen door.........he began to tease Ali and ask her what she got him for Christmas. I'm so thankful for yet another Christmas with Mom and Dad.....especially since Bryce just about blew-up the house!! Just now, I heard Darrin telling Bryce that he should NEVER be spray painting in the basement when the furnace is on and there isn't proper ventalation!!!! My good God.......we know that Bryce is creative but honestly............its -35 for the LOVE OF PETE!!!! Now we have to open the gal-darn windows!!! WE hope to survive the night!



Until next time......Smiles everyone!










No comments:

Post a Comment